Der Wunderheiler der Natur
|Melaleuca alternifolia growing near Casino|
Melaleuca alternifolia, commonly known as tea tree, is a species of tree or tall shrub in the myrtle family, Myrtaceae. Endemic to Australia, it occurs in southeast Queensland and the north coast and adjacent ranges of New South Wales where it grows along streams and on swampy flats, and is often the dominant species where it occurs.
tea tree (plural tea trees)
- (botany) The tea plant, Camellia sinensis, from which black, green, oolong and white tea are all obtained.
- (botany) The tree Melaleuca alternifolia from which tea tree oil is obtained.
- (botany) A shrub or small tree native to New Zealand and southeast Australia, Leptospermum scoparium.
- (botany) The kanuka, Kunzea ericoides.
- (botany) The duke of Argyll's tea tree, Lycium barbarum, also known as wolfberry or matrimony vine.
- (botany) The shrub ti, Cordyline fruticosa.
- (Leptospermum scoparium):