Walking from the grocery store one day, there was a massive sign offering flu shots starting this fall. Instead, they ought to be giving out free lottery tickets to the protection it would provide so that you would not need to worry about the dangerous side effects.
Flu shots aren’t the way to go as there are as many as one hundred strains of the influenza virus which may rear its ugly head. The many strains of these viruses are constantly mutating so a flu shot is a hit or miss proposition.
Adverse reactions are known to happen in as many as half of those who get a flu shot. The legislation make the pharmaceutical companies immune from liability law suits an the achievement of any flu shot program is based on fear, not efficacy.
You’d think you would do yourself a favor by getting a flu shot for prevention of the flu, but the simple fact is they don’t function as well as promised. For the older, they are worse off since it places unnecessary stress on their immune system. Preventing the flu by building your immune system obviously is the best way to go.
Here are some supplements and techniques that will keep you from contracting the flu this year:
- Take 1,000 mg. Of Vitamin D3 daily – especially during winter months when sunlight hours are diminished. Vitamin D deficiencies are the reason influenza epidemics are seasonal in this country. This very significant vitamin increases the production of natural killer cells in the immune system that attack invading pathogens causing their destruction.
- If you’re vulnerable to the flu, be sure to take enough Vitamin C, garlic, turmeric, and selenium, all of which are easily available in your local health food shop.
- Increase your glutathione levels that are an amino acid found in whey protein powder and have been demonstrated to be a natural means to protect against the flu. It is possible to add whey protein toa smoothie or sprinkle some on your morning oatmeal.
- Eat cruciferous vegetables like broccoli, cabbage, cauliflower, and kale to boost glutathione levels that are powerful antioxdants. Glutathione helps your bdoy neutralize waste products, drugs and environmental toxins. It will help increase your natural killer cells that are your first line of defense against any kind of invasion within your body. It doesn’t matter whether they are bacteria, viruses, fungi or cells that have turned cancerous. Natural killer cells don’t need to be subjected to a virus or antigen before they can target and destroy infected cells.
- If you insist on getting a flu shot, then begin taking Ginseng extract at least one month prior to the shot and then last for another 8 weeks after you receive the shot. Ginseng has been shown to increase the activity of natural killer cells in the body.
If you still can come down with the flu, you can nip it in the bud sooner by taking Elderberry extract at the first sign of the flu. You should take it as soon as you’ve eaten a meal to prevent any stomach upset. Breathing the fumes of Eucalipto oil can knock out infections from the nasal passages, sinuses, bronchial tubes and lungs quite quickly. Eucalyptus oil can be bought in health food shops and herbal shops.
Every day we hear more and more about the dangers of the influenza epidemic. The press likes to overplay the risks at times but it all boils down to keeping your immune system strong. Something as straightforward as taking Vitamin D3 will do wonders for shielding you from getting the flu.
We’re all exposed to the flu bug or another type of pathogen and not everyone gets the flu. It’s certainly not because the insect chooses to not infect that person. Rather, it’s because their immune system is strong enough to keep the flu at bay. The next time you find a sign for flu shots, have some time and decide to fight the flu by building your immune system naturally.