Experts will tell you that healthy eyes are a great indication of overall body health. They’re one of the main organs of the body, and vision is among the most precious gifts. If you feel worried that the condition of your eyes isn’t as healthy as it needs to be, there’s a strong probability that the cause of this problem stems from just not caring for them. Often malnourished diets, fail, and lifestyle habits are main reasons for poor eye health.
Physicians will also tell you that the single most import step to caring for your eyes is getting your eyes examined regularly every 2 years, or annually if you wear eye glasses or contact lenses.
While these recommendations are really valuable and important to eye care, the best way to look after your eyes everyday with home care, using natural remedies, is priceless.
Sometimes all it takes is a small effort to start on a programme to boost eye health, and while not all of eye problems can be prevented, you can spend time and effort weekly to pamper your eyes to get optimum outcomes.
Practice the customs of eye health and you’ll be happy knowing that you just kept at bay lots of the average incidences of vision issues that happen with earnest as we age.
The human eye is a complex sense organ and we use it to interact with and interpret our world. We get light and pictures from the surroundings, which is subsequently transmitted to the brain for understanding. Its position as part of a larger internal communication system is unmistakeable. We use our eyes to perceive our world to observe nuances, evaluate risks, and provide us with insights. Taking care of them starts with learning how, employing a few methods and supplementing with a few home remedies.
Foods for eye health
- Avocados– include lutein, important in preventing macular degeneration associated with aging and cataracts. They’re also great sources of eye nourishment such as: vitamins A, E, and B6.
- Carrots – contain considerable amounts of beta carotene, pro-vitamin A.
- Broccoli – is a fantastic source of vitamin C, calcium, and lutein.
- Kale – is a fantastic source of vitamin A, lutein and other eye nutrients.
- Spinach – is a valuable source of vitamin A and zeaxanthin.
- Tomatoes -are high in vitamin C and lycopene, significant eye nutrients
- Garlic – contains an abundance of ingredients for eye health including: selenium, vitamin C, and quercetin.
- Sunflower seeds – include selenium and other eye nutrients that prevent cataracts.
- Papayas – are rich sources of pro-vitamin A.
- Brazil Nuts – high in selenium.
Easy natural remedies
Swollen, irritated eyes
cut an original slice of aloe vera plant using the yellow/green sap oozing, Pat the sap above the eye and leave on for 30 minutes or longer. Rinse off. The aggravation usually eases quickly and may be repeated as frequently as you want to. Note: rinse the skin of the aloe before applying to the eyes.
Place wet tea bags in the freezer to cool and while frightening use olive oil or coconut oil into your eyelids with a cotton ball. Remove tea bags from freezer, recline, putting the tea bags over the eyes for around 10 minutes. Remove, wash face and moisturise.
Eye strain from computer usage
after 20 minutes, look at a distant object and blink several times, this helps with lodging and regular blinking will stop dry, sore eyes. Exercise your eyes by rolling them gently side to side, up and down, and diagonally; this builds up eyes muscles and reduces fatigue.
Supplements for eye health
- Vitamin A
- Vitamin C
- Vitamin E
- Vitamin B6
- Zinc and copper
- Omega-3 fatty acids
- Lutein and Zeaxanthin
Eye health tips
There are lots of pieces of advice which we can use to boost our eye health.
- Wearing sunglasses in dazzling sunlight and reflections, especially snow and sea.
- Placing a filter display on lap top/computer monitors.
- Pursuing a wholesome diet and exercise.
- Cutting back on smoking.
- Giving your eyes regular breaks from contact lenses.
- Closing your eyes for short moments to give them a break and prevent breeds
- Use colloidal silver as a safe cure for eye infections.
Although we use our eyes everyday, it is one of those organs which we forget about, such as our breathing and lungs, its priceless function is only detected when something goes wrong.
Be protected by natural remedies and suggestions provided for eye health. Daily care also once a week more intensive pampering ought to be done to nurture your precious advantage.