nutCatechu is a really useful herb for a lot of treatments. It is mostly used for stomach problem or to relieve pain. Just need to do a decoction of the bark or to crush leaves and ready! It is also used as a drug against infertility and as a flavoring agent.
Acacia catechu ou Senegalia catechu.
Pièces végétales usagées
Écorce et feuille.
Utilisation principale : L'estomac.
- Mal de gorge
- Infection de la muqueuse buccale
(L.f.) P.J.H.Hurter & Mabb.
|Range of Senegalia catechu|
Senegalia catechu is a deciduous, thorny tree which grows up to 15 m (50 ft) in height. The plant is called khair in Hindi, and kachu in Malay, hence the name was Latinized to "catechu" in Linnaean taxonomy, as the type-species from which the extracts cutch and catechu are derived. Common names for it include kher, catechu, cachou, cutchtree, black cutch, and black catechu.
Probably a corruption of the Malay kacu.
- (Received Pronunciation) IPA(key): /ˈkæt.ɪt͡ʃ.uː/
- (General American) IPA(key): /ˈkæt.əˌt͡ʃuː/, /ˈkæt.əˌʃuː/
catechu (countable and uncountable, plural catechus)
- A gummy extract of any of several species of Acacieae, produced by boiling the wood of the tree in water and evaporating the resulting liquid.
- (extract of acacia): cachou, cutch, cashoo, Japanese earth