|Look up roselle in Wiktionary, the free dictionary.|
Roselle may refer to:
- Roselle (plant), a species of hibiscus (Hibiscus sabdariffa)
- A drink made from that plant, also called "Hibiscus tea"
Roselle is the/a name of:
- Mike Roselle - American environmental activist and author
- Places and jurisdictions
- Roselle, Italy in Grosseto province, site of the Etruscan town of Rusellae, a former Roman & medieval bishopric and present Latin Catholic titular see
- Roselle, Illinois, a suburb of Chicago
- Roselle (Metra), a railroad station in the suburb
- Roselle, Missouri, an unincorporated community
- Roselle, New Jersey, a borough
- Roselle Park, New Jersey, a borough
- Roselle Township, Carroll County, Iowa
- USS Roselle (AM-379), minesweeper launched 1944, sold to Mexico 1973
- USS Roselle (SP-350), a ship that served both as a tug and as minesweeper, in the early 20th century
- In education
rose + -elle
- (Received Pronunciation) IPA(key): /ɹəʊˈzɛl/
- (General American) IPA(key): /ɹoʊˈzɛl/
roselle (plural roselles)
- Hibiscus sabdariffa, an edible flower in the hibiscus family used to make hibiscus tea, also known as agua de jamaica or sorrel.
- I planted some roselle in the garden so I can start making my own hibiscus tea instead of relying on processed agua de jaimaica powders.
- 1993, Y.P.S. Bajaj, Medicinal and Aromatic Plants V, page 218: