The importance of drinking water is mentioned in virtually every article on weight loss. It’s a critical truth that we will need to drink water if we are dieting or not. It’s water which helps with the dissolving and transporting of nutrients like minerals and oxygen to the organs of the body. I know many people would say YUK to water but drinking other fluids can moisturize your body but you’ll have to take into account the additional calories and sugar in them when attempting to drop weight. Also it maybe time to learn how to like to drink water as a result of health benefits water supplies. If water isn’t your thing, try flavouring it with a piece of lemon or begin with mixing half apple/orange or cranberry juice.
Here are 8 reasons to Hydration
- We are in need of water to prevent dehydration. Dehydration can have devastating impacts on our health and has been associated with nausea, constipation, dizziness, leg cramps and more…
- Water helps rid the body of waste, by flushing out toxins in the fat cells. This process can eliminate issues with constipation.
- Water helps the kidneys to function properly. When inadequate water is drunk the kidneys can’t work correctly and this has an impact on our liver. It’s the livers task to convert stored fat to energy. If the liver must do some of this work the kidneys should do, than the liver can’t function as it should do in order to metabolize fat and thus the fat is stored instead of broken down and used as energy.
- Water helps in the burning of fat. To burn fat cells will need to be free of excess water and toxins. One reason you might not be losing weight is the not drinking enough water so that your body stays to what water it gets for survival. Our metabolic rate is the speed in which we burn calories. Water is necessary for this process to operate at its best. Studies have shown a decrease in water intake will cause fat deposits to increase, while an increase in water intake can actually reduce fat deposits
- Water suppresses the appetite naturally. When your stomach is full of water, then you will feel full sooner. If you think that you’re hungry, drink a glass of water and wait 10 minutes before eating something as you may just be thirsty. (However water should not be substituted for meals, still eat your 3 meals per day and 2-3 healthy snacks daily )
- Enough water helps reduce water retention. To eliminate extra water, one needs to consume more water. This is because if insufficient water is drunk that the body goes into survival mode and stores water in extra-cellular spaces. This can appear as swollen feet, legs, hands.
- Water helps maintain proper muscle tone by giving muscles their natural ability to contract more efficiently. Muscle tone will prevent the sagging skin that usually follows weight loss.
- Water does wonders for your skin it leaves you with a clear, glowing complexion as impurities are washed from your system.
Suggested ways to add water in your daily diet are
- Have a glass of water at each meal time. Breakfast, Mid-morning, Lunch, Mid-afternoon, Supper.
- Keep a water bottle full at your desk or if you are at home on the kitchen counter and reach for it to sip from during the day.
- Take a bottle of water with you from the car to sip when waiting in traffic.
- Drink water prior and following exercise. Naturally if you’re exercising more water will be required than the daily recommended.