Constipation is a disorder linked to improper lifestyle and food habits. If you suffer from constipation, attempt to identify what is causing it, what symptoms go hand in hand and natural alternative techniques to treat constipation at home.
Causes of Constipation
- Sedentary Life and Lack of exercise: Lack of sufficient physical activity can slow down bowel movements.
- Not sufficient fiber consumption : Starchy and pasty foods deficiency majority. They stick to the walls of the gut and make movement difficult.
- Overeating: Eating greater than your condition, slows your metabolism down and messes up your digestive tract.
- Irregular meal timings: can send the digestive system haywire
- Dehydration: Water flushes out the toxins in the body. Drink water and keep yourself well hydrated.
- Stress: High stress can lower the body’s natural defense mechanisms, dull down the natural body rhythm and increases risk for constipation and other health issues.
- Medications: Drugs containing iron may result in constipation.
- Hypothyroidism: A slow acting thyroid gland may contribute to irregular bowel movement.
Symptoms of Constipation
Loss of appetite, headache, lethargy, depression, sleeplessness, coated tongue and bad breath, heaps, distention of colon. Sometimes constipation that’s connected with stool retention can be followed by diarrhea. This can cause an incorrect diagnosis. If you apply pressure when passing stools, it may result in anal fissures and hemorrhoids.
First of all, embrace a trendy and relaxed mentality to take care of problems.
- Home Remedies for Constipation
- Ayurveda Remedies for Constipation: Triphala and Psyllium husk (popularly called Isabgol) are known to gain constipation.
- Homeopathy for Constipation: Here are several homeopathic medicines effective for constipation – alumina 30, bryonia 30, grapbites 30, nux v 30, senna 30, silicea 30, nux vomica 6c, sepia 30c, sulfur 6c. These ought to be taken only after consulting with a qualified naturopathic physician who would suggest medication depending on the constipation symptoms present.
Yoga for Constipation
Yoga is a 100% natural remedy. Yoga asanas strengthen abdominal muscles, colon and enhance peristalsis of the intestines.
- Yoga asanas: Surya Namaskar (Sun salutation pose), Pavan Muktasana (Wind pose), Trikonasana (Triangle pose), Halasana (Plough Pose), Tadasana (Mountain pose), Matsyasana (Fish pose), Ardha Matsyendrasana (Half fish pose)
- Yoga pranayamas: Bhastrika with Kumbhaka
- Bandha: Uddiyana Bandha, Moolabandha