When folks think about burning fat, exercise is almost always the first thing comes to mind. While exercise is a superb way to burn off extra calories and tone your muscles so that they look sleek and sexy, did you understand that accounts for just 10 percent of the success you might be having with your weight loss effort?
Best way to accelerate fat loss is with meals!
Does that surprise you? While it may look hopeless, your food choices significantly affect your weight and there are a few foods which are better than others at boosting your metabolism and speeding up fat loss.
A word of warning to you! These foods in their do not burn fat. No food can do that. You have to keep a balanced diet, drink lots of water and exercise regularly. So what foods have been demonstrated to accelerate fat loss? Here’s the list in no specific order.
Foods That Accelerate Fat Loss
- Cinnamon – The USDA has proved that it takes 1/4 of a teaspoon of cinnamon to induce your body to metabolise sugar at 20 times the normal speed. Eat it on oatmeal, fruit, yogurt or blended into smoothies.
- Cayenne pepper – Known by many names, this sexy spice is considered the very best in fat burning spices. It activates a metabolism boost that may last for hours after eating it. An extra advantage is that it can also aid the body in processing cholesterol. Note: Eat this spice with lean protein for the most effective fat burning effects.
- Citrus Fruits – High in vitamin C, a key fat burning element, fruits such as lemons, limes and grapefruit are useful in reducing fat. Vitamin C can help out with liquefying fat so the body can remove it safely.
- Ginger – This Asian spice can help you in many of ways which will leave you fuller and more beautiful. Ginger may increase body heat and stimulate the metabolism by up to 20% whether or not you eat it fresh or drink it as tea. Ginger is also recognized for its ability to detoxify the body as a whole.
- Berries & Apples – Strawberries, blackberries, raspberries, blueberries and all apple varieties contain plenty of pectin. When ingested, pectin has the power to restrict how much fat that your cells can absorb. An apple a day may keep away the pounds too!
- Lettuce – Enter the humble salad greens. Although we only think of these as something to ditch dressing , lettuce greens (NOT including iceberg) would be the single most nutrient dense food that you can eat. With vitamins, minerals, fiber and enzymes which weighs in at just 20 calories for two cups, you should be eating more that can help you weigh less.
- Soybeans – Soybeans help to keep your body from storing fat because they contain a naturally occurring chemical called lecithin. You just have to eat a couple of soybeans 3-5 times a week to reap the fat blocking effects.
- EFAs – EFAs, or essential fatty acids, should be a permanent part of your lifestyle. Studies have shown that individuals who consume these vital fats are leaner than people who don’t. Where can you get EFAs? Eat wild fish like mackerel, tuna, salmon or herring. For vegetarians and fish hates, get your EFAs from ground flax seed.
- Low Fat Dairy Products – Clinical study from the International Journal of Obesity has proved that the combination of calcium and protein may both boost your metabolism and keep or build muscle. No shock that bodybuilders eat whey protein in such large quantities. They’ve known this secret for several years!
- Garlic – While known for the filthy odor it can leave in your breath, garlic has some fairly remarkable healing and fat burning qualities. It may regulate blood sugar, boost metabolism, reduce insulin levels and destroy harmful bacteria.
What foods are demonstrated to accelerate fat loss? The list above is just the tip of the iceberg. You can literally build your whole diet around these tasty fat burning foods and be slipping back into your skinny jeans in record time!