With a great deal of junk food available on the market nowadays, it comes as no surprise that a large percentage find themselves somewhat overweight. Unfortunately, obesity and weight is a problem that’s often ignored by individuals – that is, until symptoms and complications arise. Then we start to think twice about biting into a huge juicy burger. Combining today’s career-driven people and long work days, quick food has gained the reputation of being the staple diet of the working class. Sadly, the consequences appear much later after one’s regular fast food binges. These impacts include: feeling lethargic, depressed, out of breath and moody. Studies have shown that these are just a few of the more popular indicators of too much junk food in the body.
What’s the Alternative?
Luckily, research has also discovered that there are a few herbal and/or plant alternatives which we may take to get rid of weight. Surely, this is far more preferable to ‘going under the knife’ to drop weight. You’ve probably heard of slimming teas, hunger suppressants, and dietary supplements.
Yerba Mate is 1 kind of dietary supplement and appetite suppressant. Yerba Mate is a South American beverage like green tea that aids weight loss primarily through three ways:
- It acts as a hunger suppressant so that individuals who tend to overeat or binge will find it much easier to manage and cope with their regular cravings. Studies have proven that Yerba Mate can reduce one’s Caloric intake by up to 1,000 Calories daily, that is the equivalent of shedding 2 pounds a week (1 pounds. Of fat = 3500 Calories, so cutting 7000 Calories = losing 2 pounds of fat).
- Yerba Mate elevates a person’s metabolism to ensure that more Calories are burned and at a faster rate.
- It functions as a natural diuretic so frequent urination is an expected result of using this supplement. This implies less water retention, which is another element that contributes to a bloated feeling and/or weight reduction.
Besides serving as a weight loss supplement, Yerba Mate has other medicinal benefits. Yerba includes quercetin, which allows it helps alleviate allergies and asthma attacks and its many natural wholesome compounds promote a healthy heart and central nervous system (CNS). Moreover, it provides mental clarity, reduces anxiety, and increases alertness with its natural caffeine. These reasons are why Yerba Mate is revered as the ‘beverage of gods’ and drank every day in South America, where a sight of an obese person is rare.
Weight Loss Tips for a Synthesized Approach
As in any health regimen, the appropriate method to lose weight is to match any dietary supplements with the ideal diet and exercise. Here are a few things you can consider to Choose your Yerba Mate ingestion:
- Forget junk food. Junk food refers to soda, chips, candies, and some other foods that are fast. When in the grocery store, store on the outside of the supermarket where all the healthy food is. Grocery stores are designed with the higher margin, unhealthy food in the center.
- Watch your sugar intake carefully. Steer clear of sweets and anything with a great deal of sugar such as cakes, pastries, candies, and chocolates. Sugar, especially simple sugars, upset the body’s blood-sugar equilibrium, which causes a release of insulin which in turn boosts the storage of fat.
- Avoid white (or processed) food and go for organic. Forgo white sugar, white bread and white rice for whole wheat/rye bread, brown sugar and brown rice. These pure complex carbohydrates are consumed more slowly so that they satisfy your appetite more and contain more vitamins and minerals also.
- Exercise. To keep your body healthy, you need to give it the correct workout it needs. Perform cardio 3x each week in the morning on an empty stomach for 30 minutes straight. Doing it in the morning as soon as your body reaches a caloric deficit from last night’s sleep will instantly promote fat burning. You’ll also be less inclined to overeat after your exercise session and the morning will get your day started with your health and weight in mind.
Along with exercise and a cleaner diet, Yerba Mate helps you attain your weight loss objectives. It could also indicate a healthier heart and more powerful set of lungs to you. It has to be noted, however, that there’s no magic pill or product that will help you drop weight. Products such as Yerba Mate are nutritional supplements that may help you reach your objectives, but to get that you will need discipline. Discipline will get you to the finish line and will keep you focused on what you would like to accomplish and help you conquer sweet temptations. After all, you can not get to the dream if you don’t wake up and take responsibility.