As we head into the summer months full of traveling, outside projects and activities, it is essential to be ready for the scrapes, bumps and bruises that oftentimes accompany this busy year. Therapeutic essential oils offer a easy and effective means to handle these ailments and might supply you with additional health benefits.
Therapeutic essential oils
They can be used to treat sunburn, repel insects, soothe heartburn and indigestion, and expedite the healing process of strains and sprains. Therapeutic essential oils have a distinctive molecular structure, which permits them to penetrate cell walls, transport oxygen, nutrients, and the chemical components of the oil.
Therapeutic essential oils should always be diluted with a natural carrier oil like almond, jojoba, olive or peanut. Generally, this dilution is ten drops of carrier oil to a single drop of essential oil. With the exception of Lavanda e Albero del tè oil, therapeutic essential oils shouldn’t be applied directly to the skin. When using therapeutic essential oils, it’s always recommended that you check with your health care professional. If you’re nursing or pregnant, avoid using therapeutic essential oils unless under the supervision of a certified and licensed professional.
Ten common summer ailments and the therapeutic essential oils used to treat them
- Athlete’s Foot can be treated with Tea Tree oil – an antibiotic, antifungal, antiseptic and antibacterial. Add 15-20 drops into a footbath and soak your feet for fifteen minutes, three times every day. Make certain to thoroughly dry your feet and between your toes after every soak. Additionally, apply 2-3 drops on a cotton ball and dab on the infected area.
- Blackheads are caused by clogged pores. A facial steam utilizing therapeutic Lavender oil can be especially beneficial in removing blackheads. In addition, it can be very relaxing, so use this therapy before bedtime. If you don’t have a facial steamer, add 5-6 drops of Lavender oil into a two-quart pan of water and bring to steaming, over moderate heat. Place a towel on your head and hold your face at least eight inches above the steam.
- Bruises are a frequent occurrence during the months of summer. To reduce swelling and bruising; soak a cloth in cold water, wring out access water, then use 2-5 drops of Lavender oil. Hold the affected area for about fifteen minutes.
- Burns can be treated with eucalyptus oil with the exact same method for bruises. Lavender oil is one of the few oils that may be applied directly to the skin. Add 2-3 drops to a cotton ball and dab the affected area.
- Constipation may be caused by anxiety, hurried meals, insufficient roughage, lack of exercise and dehydration. Basilico, Maggiorana e Rosmarino have each shown the capacity to aid with constipation. Each has added therapeutic properties, which might assist with other symptoms. A simple, yet powerful, remedy would be to employ 3-5 drops of Basil, Marjoram or Rosemary oil into a carrier oil and massage the abdomen. Use a clockwise rotation as you massage.
- Dry Skin is the consequence of a deficiency in skin lubrication. Relief can be obtained by using Lavender, Rose or Sandalo essential oil. Lavender is herbal, Rose is flowery, and Sandalwood is earthy. Combine with a carrier oil or fragrance-free skin cream or cream, and apply to skin.
- Exhaustion and Fatigue can accompany active summer schedules. Geranio is a soothing and healing oil which assists in bringing balance back into the body. Add 10 drops to bath water and soak for fifteen minutes or blend with a carrier oil and massage the skin.
- Insect Bites bring itching, redness and swelling. Relief are available with Lavender or Tea Tree oil. Because these oils may be applied directly to the skin, the simplest way is to apply 1-2 drops to a cotton ball and dab the affected area. If there are a lot of insect bites, add 10 drops of oil into the bath and soak for fifteen minutes.
- Insect repellant can be reached by mixing olive oil or witch hazel with Chiodo di garofano oppure Citronella oil. Use 10 drops of carrier oil to 1 drop of essential oil. Clove can be quite irritating, so use with care. Place in a small spray bottle (glass is preferred, but not necessarily practical) and make certain to shake before each use.
- Muscle Aches can be eased with Pepe nero, Ginger or Marjoram oil. Add 2-4 drops into a carrier oil and massage the affected area or add a few drops into a compress and use for 10-15 minutes. These are extremely warm oils and must be used with caution. Avoid getting these oils around the eyes.
- Sunburn is caused by overexposure to the sun’s UV rays and results in skin that is warm, red, and tender to the touch. Camomilla or Lavender oil can offer much-needed relief. Add 10 drops to bath water and soak for fifteen minutes or more or add a few drops into a carrier oil and massage the affected area.