I can recall a while back being lectured to about variables which don’t bode well with man as the supreme species within the evolutionary cycle. These variables do confer advantages but sadly have at precisely the exact same time introduced serious weaknesses that do lead to back pain.
- Man, by virtue of his development from being a four-legged creature to a two-legged and vertical one has imparted flaws on the body especially in the lower back area. Any mishap there often leads to back-pain.
- Man is bilaterally symmetrical. Meaning that s/he includes a body form that’s divided into fitting equal right/left halves. We can get to the symmetry by drawing an imaginary line from head to feet. This would lead to the ideal half being the mirror image of the left.
The salient point here is that this variable has introduced weaknesses.A great example of the ramifications of the symmetry will suffice and it goes like this:
The spine lies quite centrally between both sides of the body in the back and is ably supported by bones, muscles etc.. Any excess work by muscles on the right side would make that side stronger and be more developed than the other side.
A lot of Pressure
This inequality in the spine-body parts creates pressure that when implemented on the spine causes strain. This contributes to back pain. For proper operation of the human body, an equilibrium must be maintained between both sides. Any interference of that balance contributes to lower back pain.
As stated above, the majority of us will suffer from back-pain at any period of our lives. We do suffer from lumbago that’s among the most frequent and painful back-ache problems.
Of the body causes lumbago, and so does poor posture when both sitting and standing and when lifting heavy objects .
Sciatica is another and a much more significant occurrence. It’s a really crippling condition leading to serious disabilities that on events necessitates surgery.
It is essentially a symptom of damage to the sciatic nerve that runs from the lower back (lumbar region) into the toes. This damage is due to (I) that a decompression at one or more of the spinal inter-vertebral disks and (ii) a pinched sciatic nerve. Of course we as victims do understand the excruciating pain that normally ensues.
What to do?
It’s quite important that if you do suffer with such pain that you do understand what you could do to alleviate the aches.
- Exercise: You must do this to the aid of long-term pain.
- Back stretches: When you do so, you may strengthen your lower back muscles. You have to avoid any motion that puts undue strain on the lower spine and joints.
- Hot and cold remedies: Use ice and hot packs alternately to apply heat and cold to the affected area.
Therapy at home
It’s vital to point out that such treatments only enable you to handle the pain and aren’t cures for the illness.
- Celery and potatoes. Both of these foods are good at preventing and managing back pain.
- Ayurveda: According to Ayurvedic principles, gas is among the significant causes of pain. The remedy here is to use raw garlic to help to expel gas.
- Massage: You need to massage the affected area with a combination of vegetable oil and garlic.
- Sleeping arrangements: Use a comfy mattress to sleep .
- Sitting arrangements: If your job involves sitting for long periods of time, you should use a comfy chair that accommodates the natural curves of your spine
What I attempted to give you are a few of the numerous remedies that are available both inside the area of medicine and your dwelling.
Little things like embracing good postures when standing and sitting as well as when lifting objects are clinics that you need to always use. You also have to exercise routine exercise and eating healthily.