Gastritis is usually triggered by indigestion which causes an irritation within the stomach lining. When acid is produced in excess in the digestive system to assist digestion, that is when Gastritis naturally happens. It usually worsens with stress, alcohol, chemicals, surgical procedures, severe injury or illness. In a worse case scenario, it could possibly trigger severe intestinal bleeding.
The most noticeable symptom of Gastritis is an increasing pain in the upper part of the stomach. There may also be a shooting pain from the stomach to the back. The pain may be short lived or prolonged depending on the cause of Gastritis. In more extreme cases, there may be internal bleeding of the stomach.
Whenever you notice mild signs then natural remedies can prove to be quite helpful. However, if signs like throwing up blood, profuse sweating. Shortness of breath, chest pain persists then, it definitely calls for quick medical attention.
Simple home remedies
They can stop and cure mild types of gastritis. Chewing fresh ginger right before a meal, coconut water, a cup of potato juice, chewing roasted fennel at the end of each meal – all assist to break down the food in the stomach and thus stop gastritis. It has also been noticed that chewing of cloves and ingesting a glass of milk is comforting for the stomach. Albeit, Cow’s milk works better than buffalo’s milk.
If you’re a strict Vegan, then your diet should definitely include White Pumpkin, Bitter Gourd, Cucumber, Bananas and Oranges.
Asparagus aids in healing the stomach. The root of Asparagus cools the acidity of the stomach. Since stress can probably worsen the stomach condition, bitter chamomile tea alleviates tensions and worries. If there are symptoms of heartburn along with Gastritis then Cardamom can work wonders for the abdomen. Amongst being helpful for a plethora of skin issues, gooseberries goes a long way in ameliorating stomach ailments.
It has also been noticed that when Sandalwood paste is utilized externally, it has a soothing effect on the stomach muscular tissues.
As the frequent ad-age goes, prevention is always better than cure. Listed here are a few issues that assist to maintain your stomach in ship shape:
- Diet is an important natural element in preventing Gastritis. Try to adhere to a fixed meal time schedule. Don’t eat more or less than your body demands.
- An excess of spicy/oily meals is neither good for your skin, nor your stomach. It tends to aggravate the acid production in the stomach.
- Give a gap of at least two hours between your dinner and bedtime. That provides the body some time to digest the meals.
- Fibers and fresh fruits help to combat stomach issues.
- Sesame seeds and curd must be avoided.
- Red meat is a key contributor to Gastritis. Limit its intake.
- Stale food tends to contain certain bacteria that add to gastritis.
- We tend to ignore our metabolism wants quite often due to stress or deadlines. Attend to these needs as soon as they arise.
- Coffee, tea, sodas, alcohol all cause inflammation of the stomach. Drink with discretion.