Lemon juice is widely known for its medicinal properties. In actuality, it’s been used for centuries for medicinal purposes. It’s a natural antihistamine and will decrease congestion. Very effective for all gastric problems, it is helpful to strengthen your immune system.
- When taken regularly first thing in the morning, the fresh juice acts as a tonic to the liver and stimulates it to produce bile which makes it ready to digest the day’s food. It helps to reduce blood glucose and may lower the glycemic effect of any meal.
- Lemon juice is excellent as a cleanser as it affects the efficiency of the body’s digestive tract. Years of eating processed and fried foods means your digestive tract can become sluggish and inefficient. It’s a huge natural metabolizer, breaking down the fat and mucus that can build up in the body, helping to break up hardened material in the joints and muscles, it calms the kidneys, dissolves toxins and congestion throughout your body and lymphatic system.
- It divides and dislodges the sticky mucus deposits that tend to clog up the system. Full of powerful enzymes and using a high vitamin-C content, the juice will flush your body of toxic wastes. Which is why it’s supposed to help to cure and prevent gingivitis as well as the development and progression of atherosclerosis.
- Another terrific health benefit is the juice of a lemon can protect your body against germs and bacteria. When used as part of a cleansing process it helps to rid the body of gallstones. It helps make colds less toxic in the body and can reduce the duration of a cold. It’s also among the best alkalizing foods for the body.
- The fresh juice may lower blood glucose and lower the glycemic effect of any meal. Supplying among the quickest and most concentrated food sources of vitamin C. Recent research indicates that people who include fresh citrus fruits and juices in their diet are more likely to shed weight and are less likely to suffer from obesity since they generally are less hungry, therefore consume less food. The citric acid in lemons helps stimulate gastric juices and saliva, helping the digestive process.
- It will help to control Blood Pressure, purifies blood, reduces swollen spleen and strengthens immune system because it’s vitamin C, B, B2, calcium and iron. It protects your body from germs and bacteria. The juice can also be effective for people experiencing acid reflux as it stimulates the flow of saliva and gastric juice also is an exceptional digestive agent.
- Lemon juice can help constipation, liver disorders, decrease mucus accumulation, improve digestion, reduce infections, and help to clear skin ailments such as acne. It may even boost immunity and brain function, fight cholesterol and fire up your metabolism. Cleansing the lymphatic system, invigorating skin tissue and increasing blood circulation.
- It’s an expected detoxifier for you and can drain away all toxins from your body. It’s a most potent solvent for dividing the calcified formations existing in the body. Mixing the juice of a fresh lemon easily relieves heartburn.
- I am a great believer in freshly squeezed juice. Nearly all the store bought juices are full of chemicals, pasteurized and not refreshing in any way. Processing lemon juice may seriously harm its health benefits. I like to create my own juice as it is really simple and quick.
- Pick up an electric citrus press, they’re extremely inexpensive. Cut one or two lemons in half and juice them yourself. That way you can incorporate the pulp that’s a terrific source of natural fiber on your juice also. I love to add a some hot water, it makes the juice a lot easier to drink and it’ll be closer to the warmth of the body. It takes me no more than 5 minutes in the morning to prepare my juice. I do it while I’m brewing some wonderful decaf coffee.
Don’t hesitate to add anything else to the pure pulp and juice like honey, sugar or sweetners. If you do so then you’re not drinking pure homemade lemon juice along with the health benefits I’ve written about here won’t apply. In just a few times your taste buds will get accustomed to the flavor of lemon juice and you’ll not have a trouble drinking a glass or two daily.
The very first thing I take every morning is freshly squeezed homemade lemon juice with a great dash of warm water. I truly enjoy it and would not miss it, especially now that I know about all of the awesome health benefits it’s giving me.
I love to trace my juice with a glass of warm waterI swish it around my mouth and teeth before consuming it. This way I’ve washed any residue of the lemon juice out of my gums and teeth.